Stumdi has 30 years of experience providing Breton language courses. It offers professional services--language teaching, administration, and career guidance- that address the growing demand for opportunities to learn the Breton language. At Stumdi, students can study the Breton language, no matter what their level.
The Stumdi team (including 23 permanent employees) trains more than 350 students each year. The courses run from September until the end of July, and are held in four centers across Brittany: Arradon (56), Brest (29), Guingamp (22), Landerneau (29), Ploemeur (56) and Saint-Brieuc (22). Organizations can also request onsite courses for their employees.
The name STUMDI comes from the phrase"stummadur dibaouez", which means both "in-house training" and "house of training".
Stumdi aims to popularize the Breton language by offering training courses suited to a variety of needs:
- Six-month Breton language training courses, offered twice yearly
- One advanced-level breton language training, 3 months long
- Several shorter theoretical and thematic training courses
- Custom trainings for individuals and professionnals--request more information on the types of professionnal courses offered
- Breton language training courses for specific fields (e.g. media and children's education)
- A "Reviving Your Breton" course for those raised in Breton-speaking environments
See our training courses page for more details.